David Michael: Umzumbi
2015, Edition of 3
Durational audio recording of the sound environment around a dry stretch of the Limpopo River in South Africa at the beginning of the rainy season. The recording begins just before dusk and continues through late morning.
- Running time: 12 hours, 32 minutes
- Audio encoding: Stereo FLAC at 48kHz, 24bit
- Single board computer: Raspberry Pi Model B+, Custom software
- USB DAC: TI PCM2704 "Burr Brown" chip
- Enclosure: Zebrawood, brass fittings
- USB DAC
- Cables for DAC and AC adapter
5V USB adapter not included.
The player will accept arbitrary USB DACs.
Intended for headphone listening.